When life gives you snow…
…make Snow Cream!
Ingredients: Snow!! Evaporated milk. Sugar. That’s it! Looks easy, I know, but I’ve made this my whole life and have a couple of tips to share that will make your snow cream experience even sweeter:
- Use only plastic bowls and spoons. Metal makes the snow melt faster.
- Set out a wide dish when the snow starts falling. Make sure it’s far away from your house, trees, and – of course – pets. We love Sizzles, but we don’t want her “seasoning” our snow cream.
- Scoop the snow into a bowl, pour on a couple of tablespoons evaporated milk (better if you chill it first), and sprinkle on a couple of tablespoons of sugar. Stir a bit and enjoy.
- You could substitute agave, honey, syrup, etc., but thick sweeteners may be tough to mix into the snow.
- You can also drop in food coloring if you like, but be sure to stir it up well so it won’t stain your face.
Share your kid-friendly recipes with us! Have any like this one that have been passed down through the generations? Let us know!