- This is an original Pillsbury™ recipe, and I made it for the very first time without any problems. It was absolutely delicious. The only changes I made were using Swanson’s chicken broth rather than Progresso (just a personal preference – use what you like, homemade would be excellent if you have it) and I probably used more than 2 1/2 cups of chicken just because that’s what I had left over from an oven-roasted chicken the night before. I also diced my chicken rather than shredding it. Again, personal preference.
Crust: 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box. This will give you a top and bottom crust. (Don’t let them sit out too long. I did, and mine were a little unruly when trying to unroll them.)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (I used Swanson’s.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
Bake at 425 for 30-40 minutes. If your edges look like they’re browning too quickly, place a little foil over them. Excellent! Highly recommended.