This has to be one of my kids’ favorite things to eat. They like them better than actual French fries. For real. Plus, they’re so easy to do at home that I have to wonder, “Why would anyone pay big money to a restaurant for this appetizer?”
- Bake Russet potatoes.
- Cut them either in half or into quarters (longer, thinner potatoes do better for the quarters).
- Using a spoon, gently scrape out most of the pulp, leaving a thin layer intact.
- Brush them with melted butter on both sides, put back in the oven on a pan for 5-10 minutes to crisp up a bit.
- Sprinkle them with shredded cheese and put back in the oven another 2-4 minutes to melt it.
- Top as you like! I used crisp bacon, salsa, green onion and sour cream.
And the kids ate it. Boom! Mom rocks.