Thinking about heading out for dinner tonight? Well you should be! Every good Foodie deserves a night away from the kitchen, and Friday night always seems to scream for pizza.
Recently, we decided to try out Blaze Pizza, which comes highly recommended by friends and family. So, we loaded up the kids (sorry Sizzles – no pups allowed) and set out for dinner. Here’s my take…
- Inexpensive. $6 to $8 each for about a 10-inch pie.
- Unique atmosphere.
- Fast. Our pizza was in and out of the oven in 3 minutes.
- Great variety of toppings (and they don’t upcharge for extras).
- Not everyone can eat a 10-inch pie (my two youngest shared it and only got through half).
- Taste was fine; it was even “good,” but it didn’t knock my socks off.
- The original crust (which is to say, “thin”) was rather chewy and didn’t have any flavor at all.
Overall, Blaze is a good place – one that I’d give 3.5 stars out of 5 (considering that I have a family of five to feed and eating out can be a challenge on many levels). If you’re going out on a date or with friends and just paying for one or two, then it’s maybe a 4 out of 5. But if you have a variety of people, ages, and tastes… definitely more like a 3.
So what’s on your plate tonight? Any restaurant recommendations?