Foodie Friend here, with yet another way to kill your family.
It’s probably only my family who would act like this was deathly. They’re so strange. I’m thinking about running away.
Anyway, tonight I made Creamed Corn from Taste of the South magazine.
- Cook 3 slices of bacon in a skillet until crisp; cool and crumble.
- In the bacon grease, add 16 oz frozen corn and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp sugar, and ¾ cup heavy cream over corn. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Reduce to medium-low and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in some salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in 2 chopped green onions, the crumbled bacon, and serve.
BOY was it good. I ate half the pan myself because my family (well, you know).
And by the way, if you don’t like creamed corn in a can, that’s understandable. This doesn’t resemble it in any way. It’s miles and miles ahead in the taste, color, texture, and flavor department.