This dish is so unbelievably easy that I hesitate to even call it a “recipe.”
- Start some basmati rice according to the package instructions. I’ve used the Uncle Ben’s 90-second microwave rice, as well as the longer cooking kind (which still only takes 20 minutes). Either is fine.
- Salt and pepper 5-6 chicken strips (or any boneless chicken pieces you might have handy) and fry in a tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
- When cooked through and lightly browned, remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables to the hot skillet. (The mix I chose included broccoli, red peppers, carrots, onions, sugar snap peas, and mushrooms.)
- Stir frequently until everything is warmed through. This should only take 5 minutes or so. While the veggies are cooking, dice up the cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle a couple shakes of ground ginger and crushed red pepper over the veggies, along with 5-6 shakes of soy sauce and about 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce. Stir everything up to combine.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet with the veggie mixture. Heat 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately over a bed of basmati rice. Enjoy!